Cost-effective alternative to metal cans
Graham Engineering Corporation of York, PA, USA has designed an innovative solution for the production of blow-moulded wide mouth plastic containers with barrier properties.
The GEC wheel technology offers high output from a single machine with up to 7 layers (including oxygen barrier) and will revolutionise the way in which many everyday food items are packaged.
Using high contact clarity Polyproylene resin, the contents can be viewed by the consumer who will also enjoy the traditional benefits of plastic packaging such as easy opening, tamper-evident, reseal-ability and safety.
Target applications for the multi-layer plastic containers include:
- widemouth fruit jars
- fruit juice bottles
- dry goods, eg. sugar, baby formula, nutritional supplements
- squeezable jars for sauces and condiments
- cups for diced and pureed fruit
- household goods, eg. plastic paint cans
- extended shelf life dairy products (aseptic)
Advantages and features of the GEC Wheel technology include:
- significant cost savings per container produced
- wheel system ensures product consistency, using single parison head
- lightweight containers can be achieved via tight programming control
- up to 24 station clamp wheels
- 1 to 7 layer barrier capability (oxygen, UV and moisture)
- aseptic production capability option
- resin-efficient and energy-efficient operation
- compact footprint
Graham Engineering Corporation's machinery range includes Rotary Blow Moulding Systems, for containers from 100ml to 30L; Linear and Rotary Shuttle Blow Moulding Systems, for containers from 5ml to 6L; and Accumulator Head Blow Moulding Systems for the production of large industrial, technical and automotive parts.
GEC's HESTA range of linear blow moulding machines are already well represented in the local market with over 30 machines installed in Oceania.
For Australian enquiries, contact Mike Szymik on +61 2 8814 3100 or Wayne Brown on +64 9 271 6144 for New Zealand enquiries.
The Response Monobloc Filler is an automatic filling and capping machine, designed to handle...
The Tetra Stelo Aseptic juice carton is recyclable and features an ergonomic design for ease of...
The RCB-HS wrapping head machine is a compact machine designed to hermetically seal bars of...