Demountable rotary valves with rotor detection system
The use of plastic rotors in Nu-Con demountable rotary valves has proved to be a sound solution for eliminating metal contamination, which is a possibility with full stainless steel construction.
However, plastic rotors are not suitable for all duties, for example abrasive or high temperature products - in these instances stainless steel rotors must be used.
For these applications Nu-Con have developed a special monitoring device to manage the potential risk of metal contamination.
When fitted, this device continuously monitors the electrical isolation between the rotor and the valve housing, giving immediate warning of any rotor contact.
Features and options
- Special monitoring isolated switch amplifier supplied for remote mounting.
- Instant output signal from any metal contact.
- Fail-safe monitoring with fault output signal.
- Confirms valve rotor is running free after reassembly and commissioning online.
- Monitors for metal-to-metal contamination.
- Rotor Detection System (R.D.S) is available on all Nu-Con demountable rotary valves - including the Easy Slide Rotor Support option.
- To be used for warning or process shutdown.
Quantum Power has developed a 'build-own-operate' model that makes biogas plants...
Cuddon Freeze Dry has available the FD80 general-purpose freeze dry equipment. The machinery has...
Baker Perkins has relaunched its Cook Master rotary cereal cooker range. The high-output batch...