Categories announced for NuW awards program
The categories for the 7th Health ingredients, Natural ingredients & NuW awards program have been announced. The awards recognise exceptional innovations and talent within the nutrition and wellness industry.
Organisers say the new categories reflect a shift towards the functional foods market. “I wanted to make the judging criteria as representative as possible for the commercial reality in the market today,” said Peter Wennstrom, President of the Health Marketing Team.
The awards are divided into three categories, with one category presented in conjunction with IUFost (International Union of Food Science and Technology).
- Beauty and Anti-Ageing Innovation of the Year
- Heart Health and Circulatory Innovation of the Year
- Infant and Pre-Pregnancy Nutrition Innovation of the Year
- Weight Management & Hunger Management Innovation of the Year
- Gut Health, Immunity & Digestion Innovation of the Year
- Mental & Cognitive Performance Innovation of the Year
- Physical Performance Innovation of the Year
- Process & Packaging Innovation of the Year
- Sustainability & Environmental Initiative of the Year
- Marketing & Positioning Initiative of the Year
- IUFoST Young Scientist Award
- IUFost Lifetime Achievement Award
The judging panel consists of key figures from the food industry. Judges include: Peter Wennstrom, Healthy Marketing; Kip Winter-Cox, Bakkavor Foods; Bart Fischer, Albert Heijn; Elodie Lebastard, EAS; Georges Bruelle, Danone; Albert Zwijgers, Unilever; John Madden, Euromonitor; Ian Gordon, Giract; Kamel Chida, General Mills; Michael Knowles, Coca-Cola; Marie-Pierre Membrives, McDonald’s.
Vegetable producers and processors have welcomed an announcement that the Anti-Dumping Commission...
Representatives from LRQA, Cargill, Metro Group and the World Bank are among some of the keynote...
The independent review of labelling has issued a recommendation that proposes the declaration in...