Lower cost option to produce PET jars from MAER
MAER trimmers are now available as a cost competitive solution for the production of wide mouth PET jars.
Typically the costs to produce a wide mouth jar in PET is prohibitive as large diameters (75mm plus) involve large preform moulds with low cavitation and the commensurate cost penalties.
This applies to both single stage and 2 stage PET bottle production systems.
MAER have developed a PET trimmer which allows the manufacture of a 'wide mouth' container from a regular preform (say 28mm). The neck portion above the wide mouth is then trimmed in-line to the blow moulder and the waste can then be granulated for reuse.
PET is an extremely tough material which in the past has proven difficult to trim on a consistent production basis, however MAER's substantial experience in producing machinery for automated processes and their commitment to R & D has allowed them to develop this technology for the PET bottle industry.
Benefits of the Maer trimmer are:
- High levels of efficiency
- Accurate trim and neck finish ensures a perfect seal for all types of closures
- Able to be used in an aseptic filling environment
- Easily converted to different jar/bottle configurations and neck finishes
- A range of outputs available up to 30,000 bph (dependant on design)
- Also available for Polypropylene and Polyethylene applications
MAER is represented in Oceania by HBM Packaging Technologies.
Particularly relevant to the meat, poultry, fish and seafood markets, the KM Packaging mono...
Efficient and environmentally friendly, the KHS Innofill glass DRS ECO variant bottle filler can...
The SpeedStar Compact hot-melt adhesive application head from Robatech has small installation...