Citrus fibre and fat replacement

Sunday, 01 June, 2008



Citri-fi citrus fibres can be used in a wide variety of food applications and depending on the grade used, it can hold up to 13 times its weight in water.

The fibre is effective in reducing fat levels and calories in bakery applications without compromising the taste, texture or cost of the finished product. Citri-fi 100 can be used to replace from 30-50% of the fat/oils/shortening in muffins, cakes, bread and tortillas, etc. The general rule is to replace 12.5% of the fat taken out with Citri-fi 100 and the remaining 87.5% of the fat is taken out with water.

Citri-fi citrus fibre is an effective moisture management and emulsification agent. It has multiple applications including tightly binding existing or added moisture. It reduces syneresis and/or retards moisture migrations in diverse applications, salsa, burrito/meat filling emulsification and salad dressing and alfredo sauce thickening/emulsification.

Citri-fi can also be used to add strength to a finished product such as pie crusts to reduce crust breakage.

 

Related Products

Ingredion Novation Functional Native Starches

The Ingredion Novation Functional Native Starches have a neutral colour and flavour profile.

DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences GRINDSTED PLANT-TEX egg white replacement system

DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences has launched naturally sourced GRINDSTED PLANT-TEX egg white...

Ingredion Novation Lumina functional native starches

The Novation Lumina functional native starches have been added to Ingredion's clean label...


  • All content Copyright © 2019 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd