Consumers ready for eggcellent Easter treats


Wednesday, 31 March, 2021


Consumers ready for eggcellent Easter treats

Most people who celebrate Easter will share a gift of chocolate and candy to celebrate the season, according to the US National Confectioners Association’s report on seasonal confectionery sales.

The report found 85% of Americans who make Easter baskets include chocolate and candy in their baskets and 87% like their treats Easter themed.

Nearly half of Americans identify chocolate eggs or bunnies as their favourite Easter treats, with 19% preferring jelly beans.

The NCA also found an overwhelming 78% of people say they eat their chocolate bunnies ears first, with the other 22% split evenly between feet first and tail first.

“Throughout the past year, Americans have looked to chocolate and candy at the holiday for a small sense of normalcy in a challenging time,” John Downs, NCA President & CEO, said.

“Most consumers believe that physical wellness and emotional wellbeing are connected, and that enjoying the occasional treat can bring some comfort during the pandemic — especially at holidays like Easter.”

The industry body has also released its information hub Easter Central, which provides consumers with insights and tips for treating responsibly and enjoying the holiday season.

Image credit: ©stock.adobe.com/au/ShunTerra

Related Articles

'Meating' expectations for plant-based proteins

Researchers from University of Queensland are working with Motif FoodWorks to produce plant-based...

Food product launches: gin, dog yoghurt and more

Folklore-inspired gin, healthy immune-boosting bars and plant-based infant formula are some of...

Future steak: a personalised Wagyu beef alternative

Researchers have unveiled their 3D-bioprinted structured Wagyu beef-like meat alternative that...


  • All content Copyright © 2021 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd