Future of alt-milk in Asia, a virtual event
Registrations are open for the FHA Match: Dairy industry tradeshow — a two-day virtual event that will showcase products and discuss issues relating to the burgeoning dairy alternatives market in Asia. The event will run 19–20 May 2021 (11.00 am–11.59 pm AEST).
According to market research firm Informa Markets, the Asia–Pacific dairy alternatives market is estimated at US$5.87 billion (AU$7.5 billion) in 2021 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 16.3% to reach US$12.44 billion (AU$15.8 billion) by 2026.
Once an innovative trend, the presence of plant-based substitutes has become commonplace, even expected. Sales and consumption of dairy alternatives continue to gain in popularity, further accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic as health and sustainability concerns take centrestage.
A panel at the event will discuss the industry’s growth potential in different Asian countries, as well as bottlenecks and strategies to capture more market share in an increasingly competitive environment.
Other topics and key speakers include:
- Origin Green: Source Sustainable Dairy From Ireland — Patrick Lim, Business Manager, Southeast Asia, Dairy, Bord Bia – The Irish Food Board
- The Dairy World in 2021 and the impact of COVID-19 — Katrin Friedrich, Senior Dairy Market Analyst, IFCN Dairy Research Center
- China’s Dairy Developments – Ongoing Modernisation & Sector Analysis — Christophe Lafougere, Managing Director & Dairy Director, Gira
- RCEP – Trade Implications for Dairy in Asia-Pacific — Deborah Elms, Founder and Executive Director, Asian Trade Centre
- Better Dairy for Tomorrow – On the Path to More Sustainability
For more information, visit: www.fhafnb.com/fha-match/dairy.
If new markets are not established, China's anti-dumping measures could cost at least $2.4...
The AIP has announced that the full program for the 2021 Australasian Packaging mini conference...
The University of Adelaide has been awarded nearly $2 million in Linkage grants by the Australian...