ConBiz 2006 to focus on leadership issues
Creative leadership for confectioners is the theme for ConBiz 2006, the annual business forum of the Confectionery Manufacturers of Australasia (CMA).
The conference, which caters for senior managers, business leaders and marketing personnel in the confectionery industry, will be hosted at the Hyatt Regency Sanctuary Cove on Queensland's Gold Coast from 19-21 October.
The conference will include presentations by the following guests:
- Heather Ridout, chief executive, Australian Industry Group;
- John Coulson, director, HLB Mann Judd Consulting;
- Craig Rispin, business futurist, speaker and consultant, FutureTrends TV;
- Lisa Bundesen, partner, Forensic Services, BDO Kendalls;
- Julian Heath, managing director, Control Risks Australia-Pacific;
- Glenn Cardwell, director, Nutrition Impact.
Subjects to be covered over the course of the conference will include:
- The major trends that will impact the confectionery industry;
- Fraud, product counterfeiting and protection of intellectual property;
- The minimisation of risk and readiness to respond to bioterrorism;
- The role of health in growing market leadership;
- Appropriate industry responses to the challenges of obesity.
Aside from CMA members, ConBiz is open to representatives of all manufacturers, suppliers and distributors in the confectionery industry and to members of the media and the trade press.
For further information about ConBiz, contact Julie Barnes, events officer, CMA Secretariat, tel 03 9813 1600 or email email@example.com.
A dairy owner and company in New Zealand have been convicted for processing and selling goat meat...
Fonterra has announced that farmers who produce sustainable, high-quality milk will be eligible...
Tetra Pak has launched a low-energy processing line for juice, nectar and still drinks (JNSD)...