Open your mind to packaging innovations
Companies and individuals who are making a significant difference in their field in Australia and New Zealand are encouraged to enter the 2019 Packaging Innovation & Design Awards (PIDA).
The Design Innovation of the Year company awards recognise organisations that have designed innovative packaging within each of these five manufacturing categories:
- Health, beauty & wellness
- Domestic & household
- Labelling & decoration (new award)
There will be three special awards available:
- Sustainable packaging special award
- Save food packaging design special award
- Accessible packaging design special award (new award)
In addition, there are three awards designed for people who have made specific contributions to the packaging industry.
These individual awards will include:
- Young packaging professional of the year
- Industry packaging professional of the year
- The packaging New Zealand scholarship that will offer one person from New Zealand the opportunity to enrol in the Diploma in Packaging Technology Course; an internationally recognised and accredited course.
The Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) and Packaging New Zealand advise that applications are now open and will close on 8 March 2019. The PIDAs are the exclusive award program for all Australia and New Zealand entries into the prestigious WorldStar Packaging Awards.
The PIDA recipients will be revealed at the 2019 AIP National Technical Forum, which will be held on 30 April in Sydney.
Consumers are impacting packaging and processing trends, so how can manufacturers ensure they...
Bacterial infection is the likely cause of resin canal discolouration in Australian mangoes,...
Biosecurity New Zealand has studied over 130,000 honey bees from 300 samples taken throughout New...