JMP takes three of six APPMA awards
More than 250 people attended the Australian Packaging and Processing Machinery Association (APPMA) 2013 Awards of Excellence on 8 May during AUSPACK PLUS. The crowd was entertained by Sam Kekovich, who pushed the boundaries of political correctness but nevertheless raised a few laughs.
JMP Engineering had plenty to smile about: the company took out three of the six awards, including the Export Achievement and Customer Partnership Awards.
Jamie Schellebeck of Amcor Fibre Packaging was announced as the recipient of the 2013 APPMA Scholarship, which will enable him to enrol in the Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) Diploma in Packaging Technology.
The 2013 winners are:
- Export Achievement Award: JMP Engineering, for its corner board applicator and stretch wrapping system.
- Design Achievement Award: Fibre King, for the RPC EG Erector.
- Customer Partnership Award: JMP Engineering, for its automatic palletising and stretch wrapping system designed for Pepsico Group.
- Imported Equipment Award: JMP Engineering, for the Kawasaki-manufactured and -supplied robots that are integrated into JMP Engineering’s turnkey solution.
- Best New Product Award: Machinery Automation & Robotics’ (MAR’s) Singulator.
“Companies that enter these biennial awards are recognised for their contribution and outstanding achievements against their peers within the wider packaging industry and we encourage everyone to enter,” said Mark Dingley, APPMA Chairman.
Vegetable producers and processors have welcomed an announcement that the Anti-Dumping Commission...
Representatives from LRQA, Cargill, Metro Group and the World Bank are among some of the keynote...
The independent review of labelling has issued a recommendation that proposes the declaration in...