Food Agility Summit to be held virtually in March
The annual Food Agility Summit will be held virtually this year from 15–16 March.
The event will bring together leaders from across the agrifood, technology and research sectors to explore the trends, opportunities and challenges facing the Australian food system and the role of data and digital technology.
The event will feature more than 40 presenters and panellists. It will be headlined by Gordon Cairns, Chair of Woolworths Group, who will discuss COVID-driven changes in consumer behaviour.
The other keynote speaker is Dr Molly Jahn, founder and Principal of the Jahn Research Group and Program Manager at the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, who will talk about vybersecurity in food supply chains.
The headliners will be on Monday, 15 March from 12.40–1.10 pm AEDT and Tuesday, 16 March from 1.30–2.15 pm AEDT respectively.
- Cybersecurity in food supply chains — featuring cybersecurity and data experts from the United States and Australia discussing how our agrifood industry can manage cybersecurity risks.
- The rise of sustainability, climate change and carbon markets as supply chain drivers — featuring Woolworths, Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand, the Market Advisory Group and the National Farmers Federation.
- Hunting Unicorns in a burgeoning Australian agtech industry — featuring three venture capital firms and three emerging agtech scale-ups.
- Flipping the research — what does true industry-led innovation look like and how do we make it happen? — featuring Kellogg’s, University Technology Sydney, Meat & Livestock Australia and Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment.
- The Global SMART Farm network — featuring leaders of Smart Farms in Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom.
For more information about booking a ticket, click here.
A diverse range of new processed vegetable products is now available thanks to a...
An Australian illustrator and designer has produced a book about the manufacturing of processed...
Small brewers and distillers will receive support in the form of a tax rebate unveiled by the...