Finalists announced for APPMA Awards of Excellence
Foodmach, HMPS and Bio-Steam are among those in the running to win awards in the Australian Packaging and Processing Machinery Association (APPMA) Awards of Excellence.
APPMA Chairman Mark Dingley said they received the highest number of entries for the award program, with 50 submissions across the five award categories.
Awards and finalists
The Best New Product Award, sponsored by All Purpose Pumps, recognises innovation and success in a product or piece of equipment launched in Australia within the 24 months before March 2019. Finalists are:
- Sidel — Sidel EvoDECO Labelling Solutions
- Foodmach — ALL IN ONE Filler
- Heat and Control — Masa Maker
The Customer Collaboration Award, sponsored by Pecom India Limited, recognises innovation and success as a result of customer collaboration and engagement in customising packaging and processing machinery to suit a client’s specific requirements (for projects fully completed within the 24 months before March 2019). Finalists are:
- ABBE Corrugated — ABBE Corrugated facilitates CMC CartonWrap for Catch’s DC
- Foodmach — Dulux Merrifield
- Proseal Australia — Commonwealth Collaboration Reducing the Plastic in Packaging
The Design Innovation Award, sponsored by Ekato, recognises design innovation and success as a result of a new idea or modification introduced to a packaging or processing line or module (for projects fully completed within the 24 months before March 2019). Finalists are:
- Heat and Control — The Dual Energy X-Ray — IX-G2
- HMPS — New HMPS Compact Frame Design
- JMP Engineering — JMP Rotary Sorter 2800 CPH
The Export Success Award, sponsored by Advanced Label & Paper Products, recognises the innovation and success of a product or solution in a new or existing export market in the 24 months before March 2019. Finalists are:
- Fibre King — RSC Top Load Case Packer — The Griffin’s Food Company
- HMPS — HMPS Robotic Pouch Unloader & Drying System for Pet Food
- JMP Engineering — PepsiCo Systems
The Imported Equipment Award, sponsored by Anderson Wholesale Packaging, recognises excellence in imported equipment launched in Australia, including service and promotion by the Australian agent, of equipment principally designed by an overseas supplier, who is represented by an Australian company or registered Australian office for an international principal. Finalists are:
- Bio-Steam — KHD Jet 4 Dry Steam Conveyor Belt Cleaner
- Foodmach — ALL IN ONE Filler
- Insignia — Domino M230i-P150 Automated Pallet Labelling System
“On behalf of the board, I commend every business that submitted an entry on their efforts. You will have found doing so offers you an excellent benchmarking opportunity to critically review your processes and practices, while the feedback you will receive from the judges will be highly worthwhile,” Dingley said.
“The APPMA encourages everyone to spend some time looking at all the finalists’ entries on the AUSPACK showfloor. These are some fantastic, industry-leading solutions.”
Winners will be announced at the Gala Awards Ceremony on 27 March alongside AUSPACK, and as part of Packaging and Processing Week.
For more information and to book tickets, visit: www.auspack.com.au/awards.
Food and agtech accelerator SparkLabs Cultiv8 has announced the seven start-ups in its 2019...
Juremont has announced it will be the new distributor of Barry Callebaut's industrial...
Held on 17 July, the NSW technical seminar will discuss the future of soft plastics following...