Fine Food Australia 2017
By FoodProcessing Staff
Monday, 17 July, 2017
Fine Food Australia is the premier trade exhibition for the food industry. Showcasing the latest products, the event attracts buyers from restaurants, cafes, bakeries, retailers, caterers, bars, hotels and other food businesses from across the country.
This year’s event, running from 11–14 September at ICC Sydney, also incorporates 2017 Commercial Drinks, an industry event dedicated to bars and venues which promises to showcase the latest trends in top craft and artisan beer, wine and spirits brands.
According to the organisers, Fine Food Australia is more than a trade exhibition — it’s a four-day celebration of new ideas, innovations and techniques, and the perfect opportunity to see first-hand what’s next for the food industry.
Attendees can explore products from over 1000 exhibiting brands across a range of categories, including: general and specialty food; catering equipment; hospitality equipment; bakery; drinks; coffee; tea; dairy; meat and seafood; retail and technology; fitout and design; packaging; natural, organic and free-from; and on-premise liquor.
With an expected attendance of between 20,000 and 25,000 food industry professionals, Fine Food Australia is also an opportunity to network with chefs, restaurateurs, and cafe and bar owners, and to meet face-to-face with leading vendors to negotiate better supply and distribution deals.
Organisers say attendees can learn from industry leaders and successful operators when it comes to practical solutions for common food business issues such as staffing, profitability and operating efficiencies. They promise insights into the top trends affecting the industry, highlighting how businesses can remain in step with changing consumer demands.
In addition to the vast range of products on show, Fine Food Australia features a range of informative and entertaining sessions across the four days:
- The Australian Culinary Challenge — Chefs, trainees and apprentices will compete against each other for a share of $20,000 in cash and prizes.
- Bake Skills Australia — Watch apprentice bakers from every state in Australia compete in a live bakery challenge across a range of product categories, including speciality and artisan breads, pretzels, croissants and more.
- Cafe Stage — Leaders in the cafe industry will be running interactive masterclasses and discussions, providing new ideas and inspiration for cafe owners.
- Innovations in Patisserie Stage — This is the site for expert advice and an opportunity to learn techniques and be inspired by leading pastry chefs as they demonstrate a series of masterclasses on desserts, cakes and more.
- Live Bakery — The experienced EOI bakery team will be showcasing new recipes, holding baking demonstrations, sharing their tips and offering expert advice to bakers.
- New & Export Ready Product Showcase — Find the most exciting product launches and innovative ideas to hit the foodservice, catering, retail and bakery industries in the last 12 months, or source products that are export-ready. A list of the products featured in the 2017 showcase will be released closer to the event.
- Talking Food Stage — Come and listen to a line-up of industry insiders as they share their experience and knowledge and provide great new ideas for business owners and operators.
- Nestlé Golden Chef’s Hat Award National Final — Australia’s longest running culinary competition sees finalist teams cook-off live in front of an industry audience in entrée, main and dessert course categories.
- The Official Great Aussie Pie & Sausage Roll Competition — Paying homage to Aussie’s much-loved icon, the perfect pie, this competition is open to all pie-making professionals across Australia.
- Women in Foodservice Charity Event — This intimate brunch celebrates women in the food industry, with key speakers sharing their journey to success. All profits from the event will be donated to selected charities.
Speakeasy Stage — This stage will host some of Australia’s most influential and successful players in the on-premise liquor industry as they share their experience and knowledge, providing tips and ideas for bar owners and operators. Confirmed sessions include:
- Learn from the best — what does it take to run a successful bar?
- Celebrating the Australian gin craze: horizontal tasting session (strictly limited to 40 people)
- The next wave of the craft beer revolution
- Celebrating Australia’s liquid gold — a focus on whiskey
- PR, marketing and organic reach
Additional information on these and more sessions will be made available closer to the event, so keep an eye on the website for further details.
When: Monday, 11 September–Thursday, 14 September 2017
Where: ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour
Opening hours: Mon–Wed 10 am to 6 pm, Thu 10 am to 4 pm
Who should attend? Fine Food Australia and Commercial Drinks 2017 are trade-only events for professionals working in the foodservice, hospitality, retail and liquor industries. As this is a business event, organisers ask that visitors not bring anyone under the age of 15. Proof of age and industry involvement may be requested at the door. All visitors to Commercial Drinks must be over the age of 18.
Pre-event online registration is free for industry members. Registrations close Friday, 8 September at 5 pm AEST. An on-site registration fee of $30 will apply at the event for those who do not pre-register.
For more details, visit the website: www.finefoodaustralia.com.au.
By 2018, the total value of Australia's organic industry is anticipated to exceed AU$2...
Global perspectives on the nutritional value of carbohydrates and fats need to be reconsidered,...
Regularly eating almonds could boost levels of HDL cholesterol while also improving the way it...