The future of food
Colocated with foodpro 2017, the Australian Institute of Food Science & Technology (AIFST) will be holding its 50th Anniversary Convention on 17–18 July 2017.
- AIFST 50th Anniversary Convention
- 17–18 July 2017
- ICC, Darling Harbour, Sydney
- Registration: www.aifst.asn.au/online-registration
With a foundation firmly in science, technology and innovation, The Future of Food themed 50th Anniversary Convention will explore cutting-edge science, emerging technologies and leading innovations set to enhance and drive the Australian food industry forward for decades to come.
The convention this year is aptly themed ‘The Future of Food’ and will feature a prestigious line-up of speakers including Bega Cheese Executive Director Barry Irvin and CSIRO Chief Executive Larry Marshall.
Sessions will cover:
- the consumer of the future;
- future technologies;
- innovations advancing the food industry;
- managing emerging threats and vulnerabilities;
- navigating the export and regulatory market;
- insights into current research that will underpin the next 50 years of the Australian food industry.
Key sessions will include food safety, packaging, sensory, nutrition and more.
Convention program highlights
- Innovation: The future consumer; emerging innovations; future nutritional needs; fact of fiction: debunking myths.
- Technology: Where to next: the future of technologies; navigating the regulatory environment; packaging innovation; gaining efficiencies — what’s next?
- Science: Managing emerging threats and vulnerabilities; sensory — the future palate; food safety.
- Future people and capabilities: Student product development competition sensory — taste the future; Malcolm Bird and sensory award presentations.
- Export: Asian insights; navigating the export market.
- JR Vickery Address: Bega Cheese Managing Director Barry Irvin.
- Government panel: Effective Government Policy to Underpin the Innovation Agenda in the Food Industry.
- Industry roundtable: Financing innovation and growth in the Australian food industry.
- Young professionals in food networking breakfast: For AIFST members aged 30 years and under.
- AIFST Fellows breakfast: An opportunity for Institute Fellows to network and meet newly appointed Fellows.
Registrations have opened — visit www.aifst.asn.au/online-registration to secure your place at the convention now.
More than one-third of Australian manufacturing jobs are in the food and beverage, grocery and...
The Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (DAWR) has released an Industry Advice Notice...
The Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) has invited speakers to submit an application to...