Why you need to visit CSIRO at foodpro 2017
Wednesday, 17 May, 2017
As a world leader in helping food and ingredient companies adopt innovative processing technologies, CSIRO can help companies improve process efficiency and create high-value products for new markets.
CSIRO’s food innovation centre has Australia’s most significant and extensive expertise, facilities, know-how and support in food and ingredient innovation available to industry.
Some of the processing technologies where CSIRO has particular expertise include:
- Shockwave: Based on pressure pulses, shockwave disrupts the structure of foods, which can, for instance, tenderise low-value meat cuts. CSIRO has the only unit in Australia.
- Forward osmosis: A significantly more cost-effective and gentle concentration technology than evaporation, again CSIRO has the only system in Australia for food processing.
- Antenna microwave: This CSIRO-patented technology heats evenly, unlike conventional microwave systems.
- Megasonics: This CSIRO-patented technology uses soundwaves to extract more oil from oil processing waste.
- High-pressure thermal sterilisation: This world-first innovation uses high pressures and mild heat to preserve the fresh-like characteristics of freshly prepared meals.
- Extrusion porosification technology: This energy-efficient spray-drying technology retains more flavour in high-value powdered foods such as protein powders and coffee, creating brand new food products.
Visitors to foodpro should be sure to visit CSIRO’s booth, where you may be able to sample some ready-to-eat meals prepared using CSIRO’s world-first, patented innovation in high-pressure thermal sterilisation.
New Zealand's dairy sector has launched its 'Dairy Tomorrow' strategy, which is...
Industrial automation and robot suppliers ABB and Kawasaki Heavy Industries have announced the...
White, rosé and red might not be the only options on the wine menu in the future, after...